4th Roads to Rhodes Marathon
Event Programme – Technical Instructions – Useful Information
We at the Organising Committee of the 4th Roads to Rhodes Marathon feel the need to thank you for your participation.
Bellow you can find the Event Programme, Technical Instructions and useful information regarding your participation in this great celebration on the island of Rhodes
Friday 7th of April 2017
15:00 – 20:00: Race package pick up from our registration center in BEST WESTERN Plaza Hotel (Thaleia lobby), Ierou Lohou 7, Rhodes
Saturday 8th of April 2017
10:00 – 18:00: Race package pick up from our registration center in BEST WESTERN Plaza Hotel (Thaleia lobby), Ierou Lohou 7, Rhodes
20:30: Pasta Party in Mitsis Grand Ηotel, Akti Miaouli and Papanikolaou, Rhodes
Sunday 9th of April 2017
07:30: Start of the Marathon and Half Marathon races from Eleftherias Square in front of the town hall.
11:50: Start of the 5km race from Rimini Square (Papagou Street).
12:15: Start of the 10km race from Rimini Square (Papagou Street).
12:30: Awards Ceremony
13:55: Start of the 1km Kids Race from Eleftherias Square in front of the town hall.
Race Package Pick Up
You can pick up your race pack from our registration center, hosted in the BEST WESTERN Plaza Hotel (Thalia Lobby), Ierou Lohou 7, Rhodes, Friday 7th of April from 10:00 to 20:00 and on Saturday 8th of April from 10:00 to 18:00.
Safekeeping of personal items
Every runner should place their personal items and clothes inside the4th Rhodes Marathon race bag (you will receive your race bag with your race package) and they can leave them for safekeeping in the specified tent on Eleftheria .
- You have to place the numbered sticker (you can find it in the envelope that includes your bib number) on your bag.
- You should not leave for safekeeping the following: travel documents, money, electronic devices, medicine or items of value
- Only the4th Rhodes Marathon Race Bag will be accepted on the Safekeeping Tent (no other bags will be accepted)
- Organisers have no responsibility regarding the loss of bags and or personal items
- Personal items will be accepted ONLY in the safekeeping tent on Eleftherias Square (the 5km and 10km runners should also visit Eleftheria Square)
- Marathon and Half Marathon Runners should leave their personal items for safekeeping at least 15 minutes before the start of their race.
- 5km and 10km Runners should leave their personal items for safekeeping at least (1) one hour before the start of their race.
- 5km and 10km Runners that wish to leave their personal items for safekeeping at the safekeeping tents on Eleftheria Square should take into consideration that the start of their races is 500 meters from Eleftheria Square
- After you finish the race you can pick up your personal items by showing your bib number at the Safekeeping tents.
Races starting times
Marathon and Half Marathon runners should be at the Start of their race (Eleftheria Square in front of the town hall) at least 30 minutes prior to the start. (07:00 am)
10km and 5km runners should be at the Start of their race (Rimini Square, Papagou street) at least 45 minutes prior to the start. (11:05 am for the 5km and 11:30 for the 10km)
During the Race
The Marathon and Half Marathon route has a length of 21,097meters and marathon runners should cover it twice. The Route has 3 U-turn points and on these points you can find judges of the event
In every km of the Marathon and Half Marathon route you can find the relevant indication painted on the road.
5km and 10km routes have one U-turn point.
Please be advised that you should run on the right side of the road. (If you need to change lanes there will be relevant signing)
The electronic timing will be carried out by All About Running with MyLaps systems. The chip will in the back side of your bid number.
Please attach the bid number on the height of your chest with the safety pins that you will find in your race package and make sure not to cover it with clothes or anything else.
Timing Points will be present at the start and finish of every race, at the U-turn points, at the 21, 1 km point (for the Marathon)
On the Refreshment Stations you will be able to replenish your energy. Besides that in every refreshment station there will be a first aid station with certified Samaritans of the Hellenic Red Cross.
Marathon (nearly on every 2,5 km.)
- Appolonio natural water: 2,4 km., 4,9 km., 7,3 km., 9,7 km., 12,3 km., 15 km., 17,4 km., 20 km., 21,6 km., 23,5 km., 26 km., 28,6 km., 30,8 km., 33,4 km., 36,1 km., 38,5 km., 41,1 km.
- Powerade Isotonic Drink (cup): 4,9 km., 9,7 km., 15 km., 20 km., 26 km., 30,8 km., 36,1 km., 38,5 km.
- HIGH5 Energy Gel: 9,7 km., 21,6 km., 30,8 km.
- Bananas: 33,4 km., 36,1 km., 38,5 km.
- Cola Drink (cup): 33,4 km., 36,1 km., 38,5 km.
- Appolonio natural water: 2,4 km., 4,9 km., 7,3 km., 9,7 km., 12,3 km., 15 km., 17,4 km., 20 km.
- Powerade Isotonic Drink (cup): 4,9 km., 9,7 km., 15 km., 20 km.
- HIGH5 Energy Gel: 9,7 km.
10 km Run.
- Appolonio natural water: 1,9 km., 4,4 km., 7 km.
5 km Run.
- Appolonio natural water: 1,9 km. (U-turn)
Chemical toilets will be available on the U-turn points (Marathon and 5k Course) and on the 13th km of the Marathon and Half Marathon Course
Awards will be held on the specially designed area in front of the town hall.
If you are awarded please be kind enough to wear the official t-shirt that you got with your race bag.
Results –Finisher’s Certificate
Live Results will be available on the official page of the event www.roadstorhodes.com and on www.myrace.gr.
The official results will be announced in ten days after the race. After the finalized results runners will be able to download and print their certificate on www.roadstorhodes.com.
Thank you for your participation on the 4th Rhodes Marathon and we wish you a great and successful race.
EST WESTERN Plaza Hotel - “Thalia Room” at the ground floor, beside the pool.
* − www.rhodesplazahotel.com email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* − 7, Ierou Lochou St., 85100, Rhodes - Greece P.O. Box 246
Friday 7th April 15:00-20:00
Saturday 8th April 10:00-18:00
Pasta Party for all the registered athletes will take place at Saturday 8th of April, venue Grand Hotel, Akti Miaouli & Papanikolaou str. Rhodes,
Tel.: +30 22410 54700